comic sans



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

3D%22 http%

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Crochet?

Valentine's Day is coming and I saw these great little crocheted hearts at twocrazycrafters.  I loved them and was inspired to try something I hadn't done in years.  A trip to Hobby Lobby for yarn and a hook, then to get to work.
 
I used this pattern:

Directions:

Row 1 - ch 12, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 4 sts, 3 hdc in next st, hdc in next 4 sts, 3 hdc in last st, work around the backside of the chain, hdc in next 4 sts, sk next st, hdc in next 4 sts, 2 hdc in last st, join to top of ch 1 that was the ch skipped in the very beginning.

Row 2 - ch 2, hdc in next 6 sts, 3 hdc in next st, hdc in next 6 sts, (2hdc in next st ) 3 times, hdc in next 3 sts, sk a st, hdc in next 4 sts, 2 hdc in each of the last 2 sts, join with a sl st to top of ch 2

Row 3 - ch 2, hdc in next 7 sts, 3 hdc in next st, , hdc in next 8 sts, ( 2 hdc in next st) 4 times, hdc in next 3 sts, sc in next st, sk a st, sc in next st, hdc in next 3 sts, ( 2 hdc in next st) 3 times, join with a sl st to top of ch 2

Row 4- ch 2, hdc in next 8 sts, 3 hdc in next st, , hdc in next 10 sts, ( 2 hdc in next st) 5 times, hdc in next 3 sts, sc in next st, sl st in next st, sk a st, sl st in next st, sc in next st, hdc in next 4 sst, ( 2 hdc in next st) 4 times, join with a sl st to top of ch 2. Fasten off.
(I added an extra "round"with pink yarn before the fasten off.)

Ta da!!

It took me over an hour, and every stitch is not exactly right, but I am thrilled with my crocheted heart!
color with love,

No comments:

Post a Comment